Thursday 5 January 2012

Basic Tea Toning



We had no internet yesterday so I thought i'd try some basic tea toning using some cyanotypes i'd made to run tests on.  I only ran a very basic test, using 8 tea bags in 1000ml water and left for 20 minutes.  I'm really impressed that household tea can have such an effect.  There are many other toning techniques I want to experiment with but this was an easy one to run as I always have lots of tea in the house.

I'm still waiting for my Silverprint order, it will hopefully be dispatched today.  I ordered it in the week between Christmas and New Year so it's understandable that it's not here yet.  I'm looking forward to having a play around and getting some paper coated for returning to college next week.

In the meantime I need to find a supply of nitric acid.  Everywhere sells it in minimum of 500ml, I only need a few drops here and there for some of the toning techniques i've looked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment